Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Christ is Risen!



I dyed the red eggs for Church this year. It was fun!
I used mostly our eggs from our chickens, but had to buy 2 dozen store bought eggs.
Below you see the comparison between the sizes. The store bought ones are huge compared to my little chicken eggs.
Also, I attempted the traditional method of dying with onion skins and it was very successful! I doubted that it would work but I was proven wrong. They are so beautiful. And my farm fresh eggs soaked up the dye so much better than the store bought. My theory is the washing process that store bought eggs go through.


My babes on the Eve of Pascha.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Christ is Risen!

Gorgeous eggs, and even more gorgeous kids!

Meg said...

Your eggs are *beautiful*!! I only dye eggs with onion skins, but I don't have "home-grown" eggs to compare mine to -- all I know is, I love the brownish-red I get from onion-skin dye.

Bluecanopy said...

Christ is risen!

can you share the onion skin method?? i've never done this nor heard of it.

they look beautiful...eggs and children :)