Monday, December 01, 2008

Craft Fair

My mom and I had a booth at a Craft Fair this weekend, Friday and Saturday. This is the first time I've ever done this and it was extremely disappointing. A combination of things made it very unsuccessful: 1. advertising was terrible and 2. it was Black Friday and anyone who went out went to the mall or big box store, those who didn't wouldn't go out for ANYTHING. We did earn our booth money back and about $20 extra dollars. But I had high hopes to earn some Christmas money. :(

I thought I'd share with you what we were selling. If you see anything that sparks your interest feel free to email me with any questions (sorry for the shameless commerce )
susansophia.f [at] gmail[dot]com


Here I am sitting at the booth. On the far right you'll see a beautiful quilt that someone at Church hand quilted. It's a lap size quilt and we are raffling it off to raise funds for our Church building fund. If you'd like to know more let me know.
The drawing is December 17th.
The stars on the Christmas tree are handmade paper stars we call German Stars. They are folded and hand-dipped in wax and sprinkled with glitter. Beautiful.

My mom has been doing an old fashioned art called quilling. She has been working on this for a few years now and has gotten really good at it. She makes beautiful quilled art and frames it. Below you will see her artwork.








This Eeyore is one of my favorites. She has also made Tigger for Joseph a year ago I think.

And I requested this barn....I love it.


1 comment:

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry it was disappointing, I went to a craft fair on Saturday that was well attended, but I agree, Black Friday is probably not the best.

Those ornaments are gorgeous, and like you, I am attracted to the Eeyore, good job, Mom!