Friday, May 12, 2006

Update on my dad


Thank you all so much for all your prayers and thank you Hilarius for asking about him on Paradosis.


I can't believe it has been since BEFORE his radiation that I've posted. My how time flies!

My dad went through 8 weeks of pure hell in radiation therapy on his throat. Through it he lost a significant amount of weight which he couldn't afford to lose and he also lost his voice. Today, he is back up to 145# (4 weeks post radiation I think) and is sounding great. Glory to God when they examined his throat they found no cancer left. Kelsey Anna and I attribute this to some Holy Oil we sent him to rub on his neck. We pray every day that God will soften his heart so that he too may believe this. He still struggles a great deal with smoking although he is only smoking a couple a day vs. 3 packs a day. Shortly after he finished his radiation he opened up to me about how much he'd been drinking and learned that alcohol in great quantities daily can be a big contributor to throat cancer. Glory to God he has not had a drink since February and finds no desire for it.
Please pray for his struggles with addiction and for the temptations for alcohol that may return as he goes back to MN for the summer and much of his family and friends there do quite a bit of drinking.

Thank you so much for your prayers!!!

This is an old picture of my dad and my kids, June 2004, but I wanted to put it in anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. He's still in my prayers. That's a sweet picture.

Hilarius said...

Thanks for the update - I'm glad to hear that he is recovering from the treatments.

Pax

- H

Anonymous said...

Glory and praise to God!

Love,
Liz

Mimi said...

Yay! Thanks be to God!