Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Little Change in My Counting

When I started re-reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp I was just going to blog my list.  But it became slightly inconvenient since I wasn't writing anything down.  I'd see something I would want to add to my list only to forget about it when it came time to sit and blog. So it has become clear that I need to keep my journal active.
I'm going to keep my journal accessible all day long.  I think I might even encourage the children to write things down that they are grateful for or blessed by.  And then leave their initials after their entry.  

"The only way to keep in time with your Beloved--is to keep counting blessings." --Ann Voskamp

22. snow very gently and lightly falling on a crisp cold day
23. home after a full day of co-op to the smell of dinner hot and ready
24. stacks and stacks of clean laundry created by a mother who is truly going to spoil me
25. laughter and giggles coming from the backseat, albeit loud, is so much better than the alternative

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
    For His mercy endures forever.
Oh, give thanks to the God of gods!
    For His mercy endures forever. 
 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
    For His mercy endures forever:
Psalm 136: 1-3 


No comments: