Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bridegroom Matins

Behold, the bridegroom comes in the middle of the night and blessed is the servant whom he shall find watching, and unworthy the servant whom he shall find heedless. Take care then, 0 my soul, and be not weighed down by sleep that you will not be given over unto death and be excluded from the Kingdom. But rise up and call out: Holy, Holy, Holy art T hou O God, by the Theotokos have mercy on us
(Troparion of the First Three Days).

This is really my first experience with Bridegroom Matins. I've just never really had the opportunity to attend.
It is one of the most beautiful services, it is solemn yet exciting because we are anticipating what is to come.
I love it!!! And I'm so glad that I get to participate in all 3 Bridegroom services. Glory to God!!

No comments: