Thursday, June 01, 2006

"Potatoes Not Prozac"

But do you sometimes feel your confidence slip away, leaving you in self-doubt and despair? Does it seem "crazy" that you can be so clear one day and so desperate the next? Worse, you may drop from the heights to the depths in the same day. It's almost as if another person were inside you.
You hate to admit it, but you can be moody and impulsive. You want to get things done, but your attention drifts. You lose energy and get tired.

....It's like having two different people live in your body. From one moment to the next your fine sensitivity and openness turn into moodiness and irritablility. Your confidence and creativity dry up, only to be replaced by low self-esteem and hopelessness. Your visions for the future dissipate into the frustration born of not following through.

*bold is my emphasis


I'm only in the first chapter of this ("Potatoes Not Prozac")book, but I feel like it was written for me. Found it after reading "Little Sugar Addicts". This author, Kathleen DesMaisons, seems to really have done some incredible research. I can't wait to read more.

3 comments:

Bluecanopy said...

interesting. i've heard of this idea and intuitively it makes sense especially the refined sugars...i'd like to know more. this reminds me of something alana was reading a long time ago, may be the same book.

Mimi said...

I'm also intrigued by this, you'll have to let us know what you think at the end. Did you buy it or borrow from the library?

Susan Sophia said...

I got it from the library.
You should be able to find it as well.