Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Our Library is SO COOL!!!

I've posted before about our library ordering books we've requested. We've had them bring us books often through the Inter-Library Loan system and have had books come from places even as far away as Florida! I do not know how they decide what books to buy and what books to ILL. I was so excited when they bought "Close to Home: One Orthodox Mother's Quest for Patience, Peace and Perseverance", but the latest book PURCHASE by Kitsap County Regional Library System tops the cake.
Kelsey Anna went to St. John the Forerunner Monastery for girls camp in July and came home talking about a book the Sisters were reading them. They didn't get to finish it and she really wanted to read it all. She asked Father if he owned it but he didn't so she decided to fill out the form for ILL/Purchase request at the library.
They bought it! The title?
Experiences During Divine Liturgy by Stephanos K. Anagnostopoulos
I cannot believe it! I can't find it anyplace for sale except at St. Anthony Monastery so I am SO curious where they are buying it from.
We are spreading Orthodoxy on Kitsap Peninsula! Maybe the book purchaser is curious about Orthodoxy and that's why they are approving so many orthodox books.

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

That's really great! If your daughter has friends who like this book, have them check it out as well... the more usage a book gets, the more likely they will continue to collect books in this area! :)

Mimi said...

That's so awesome! Whooot.

Christina said...

We actually just bought this book from our bookstore. Paul is reading out loud the stories to us in the evenings. It's a great book.

Unknown said...

Actually they told us a lot of stories from that book. They told us what the book was called and I was interested. It seemed like it was filled with amazing stories. I decided that I was going to try to get it from the library. When mom told me it had come in I was shocked. But I am so glad!

Kelsey Anna

Matt said...

Fabulous!

Emily said...

You can order "Experiences During the Divine Liturgy" from http://www.orthodoxchristianchildren.com They have lots of great books available for kids and adults alike.