Thursday, June 07, 2007

So far today on the farm...

It's 12:45pm and this is what acquired today from our farm...so far.
One dozen eggs collected, I know we'll get more as we've been averaging 18 a day. Yesterday we collected 21!!! We have 23 hens. Kelsey and I baked 2 loaves of bread. We started a tradition, not set in stone yet because it's so new, that when we get in from milking around 6:30a.m. we start our bread for the day. We've done it all week and she seems to like it! She actually does the main work in the Cuisinart and I finish it after the first rise. The dimples in today's bread were caused by a curious 6 year old.
Firefly has been consistantly giving us over a quart of milk each morning, some mornings more than 1 1/2 quarts. I hope this keeps going up.
So even though sometimes I feel like I don't accomplish much, I look at this and know I have done well. It is so rewarding to provide for others.


1 comment:

Liz in Seattle said...

Breakfast at Sue's this morning! :-)