Monday, October 10, 2005

I'm a S.H.E.

One week ago I picked up the book my aunt recommended, Side-Tracked Home Executives,
and within 4 days I had read it from cover to cover. This does not happen often.
Today, I have the 3x5 system set up and my daily cards being used. The weekly and monthy cards are on hold until the house is culled and cleaned from top to bottom. The book tells you the best way to do this and I will follow suit. This is very exciting and seems quite doable. For the first time I am not overwhelmed. I have a plan in front of me and I see the light. I'm not too much of a pack-rat so it shouldn't take too long to cull and clean each room. But I hope to do quite a bit of donating and freecycling between now and Christmas. From an Orthodox perspective...I'll ready my house(and hopefully my soul) for the coming of the Messiah. I've read lots in the past about it being a tradition for some to clean their houses to be ready for the nativity...it's part of their advent routines. Same with Pascha.

Great Book!

In Christ,
Susan

1 comment:

Bluecanopy said...

ok, I have to get that book...I have been trying my own "system" for housework but I always fail or feel overwhelmed. I love the idea of cleaning as an advent preparation...a good excuse to get on the ball!