Continuing to count...not in order today.
150. Our whole family taking a day trip to Vashon Island & monastery.
|Kelsey Anna, Charissa, Nicholas and Joseph by the Bike in the Tree on Vashon Island.|
We stopped off at cute little country store and explored a little bit. They had all sorts of neat gardening things and trinkets.
Then we went to find the famous Bike in the Tree. It was really neat.
When we arrived at the monastery we pulled into the parking space and right in front of us was another family visiting the monastery. It was a family of deer!
|Look closely and you'll see the mama deer.|
|The monastery beehives. They were pretty active.|
148. Reluctant young daughter smiling & at ease after talking with Fr. Tryphon unexpectedly.
149. Peace, peace in my mind & heart! Giving all to God & the Theotokos.
After a morning full of clouds and rain, we were blessed to have the clouds break up and a very sunny afternoon as we visited with Fr. Tryphon. There were 3 of us who have chosen Fr. Tryphon as our father confessor and we were there for our Lenten confessions and guidance.
151. Confessions, forgiveness, new starts.
152. Sweet faces framed in scarves.
|Kelsey Anna waiting.|
Nicholas was the one of the protesters of this trip. He did not want to go! But as were hanging out in the courtyard he explained...
147. Nicholas exclaiming, "I love this place. It makes me so happy."
He talked all day about how he wished he could stay or he couldn't want to come back.
|Nicholas in front of the beautiful Church doors.|
|Joseph having cuddle time. He was cold.|
We got to visit our chickens that we took to the monastery a couple years ago.
It was such a lovely visit to the monastery. We thank God for this opportunity to be together as a family.
Thank you, Abbot Tryphon for seeing us and visiting with us.
146. A beautiful visit to the monastery.