This is the email I sent to Fr. James and friends here from Church. It explains everything!
I wanted to thank you all for your prayers through this stressful waiting time regarding the sale of our home. We have just learned that the buyers have officially terminated their offer. Their appraiser won't change his approach to the remodeling and they don't want to go through this same scenario if they try to sell later on. It's been a tough couple hours for me (Susan), fighting feelings of frustration and anguish, uncertainty and even despair - especially since we have done so much for these buyers already and now need to find a means of absorbing the financial costs that were supposed to be paid out of escrow. But we have talked and prayed and refuse to let the evil one lead us into despair. We will be moving forward with renewed faith and courage and will relist the house immediately! We are asking the sellers of our new home to extend closing and extend the financing contingency. We have invested lots into the new house already and feel it is where we want to be. So GOD WILLING the owners will accept our request to extend.
Pursuing this dream of ours is bittersweet in that it requires us to put some distance between ourselves and you, and now it is apparent that it is also going to be difficult and challenging in other ways we had not foreseen. Needless to say, this Sunday, the 27th is not going to be our last Sunday and that change of plans is one amongst many that we are having to make at the moment...we are sorry that it affects your plans as well. You are stuck with us a bit longer!
Thank you for your continued prayers.
peace and love
James and Susan